Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Personal Blogs / Same Photographer, Same Lens. Hard to Believe ?
« Last post by Forum Poster on January 19, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »
Same Photographer, Same Lens. Hard to Believe ?

Stuff <p>We had our fourth great morning with the pelicans. We went back to Santee Lakes in the afternoon and it was worse than the first time we have gone when things were pretty bad compared to prior years …</p> <p>The 2nd San Diego IPT #2 is now a sell-out and there are three slots [...]

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Personal Blogs / Success with Action
« Last post by Forum Poster on January 16, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »
Success with Action

Stuff <p>I got to the cliffs early on Sunday morning and enjoyed another great morning. Although I am sure that they had not, it seemed that everyone had; all of the photographers stayed well back and to the right for the first hour. Heck, it was the nicest, friendliest group of photographers I have ever [...]

Personal Blogs / At the Last Second ?
« Last post by Forum Poster on January 13, 2018, 10:28:21 AM »
At the Last Second ?

Stuff <p>I just learned that there was a last minute cancellation for the first San Diego IPT so I now have a single slot open. If you are local or have some air miles to use please shoot me an a href=”mailto:samandmayasgrandpa@att.net”>e-mail to learn about the substantial late registration discount. </p> <p>with love, artie</p> <p> [...]

Personal Blogs / Forecast: Cloudy with a chance of blurs ?
« Last post by Forum Poster on January 10, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »
Forecast: Cloudy with a chance of blurs ?

Stuff <p>I headed out early to Gilbert Water Ranch on Monday.The sunrise was spectacular but the night-heron was not home and the geese were swimming only in the dark water rather than in the fluorescent orange/pink water … Then I did Canada Goose flight blurs and bathing Mallard blurs. I was headed back to my [...]

Long-billed Dowitcher/Missed on Long Island but not in Phoenix! Sandpiper Photography Tips Part II

Stuff <p>Apologies to those who are patiently waiting to hear from me via e-mail. I have been very busy with physical therapy sessions and tons of exercising when I am not photographing; almost all of that involves blowing up balloons. Yes, blowing up balloons … I did get back to Gilbert Water Ranch this morning [...]

Personal Blogs / Derelict Navigation Tower Revealed. And a nice Auto Tone trick ?
« Last post by Forum Poster on January 04, 2018, 01:57:28 AM »
Derelict Navigation Tower Revealed.  And a nice Auto Tone trick ?

Stuff <p>I woke at 3am and started packing — planned to leave at 2:00pm for my 5:50pm flight to Phoenix. Was ten minutes late in leaving. Jim dropped me off as usual and I am putting the finishing touches on this blog post at the gate. I did think about taking a swim but didn’t. [...]

Birthday Announcement / Happy Birthday, Cendikia Perbawa ZK
« Last post by Forum Poster on January 04, 2018, 01:57:23 AM »
Happy Birthday, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We can't wish you so many things, just all the best.

Also, we've remembered some one's quote about birthday.

He said: "As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and errrrr.... I can't remember the other two".

Ok then, happy birthday again!
Why Did I Chose to Create a Background Mess at f/14?  And What I Did About It.

Stuff <p>Saturday started out looking like another gray day but before I knew it the sun was out. I headed to the lake at 8:30am. About a dozen times I had a vulture doing a perfect full double wing stretch taking in the morning sun. And a dozen times I screwed up by taking too [...]

Personal Blogs / Sandwich Tern Landing Thoughts and Versions ?
« Last post by Forum Poster on December 28, 2017, 08:13:45 PM »
Sandwich Tern Landing Thoughts and Versions ?

<p> [See image gallery at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login] </p> Click on the logo-link above to check out 58 amazing deals on a great variety of photographic accessories. Good only till 11:59PM EST tonight. Stuff <p>There was not much going on at the lake on Wednesday morning but I did make some nice images of both a Great [...]

Dime a Dozen Part IV: It?s Just a Boat-tailed Grackle. And some really tough exposure questions ?

Stuff <p>I woke early on Saturday and met photographer/friend Clemens van der Werf at lake Blue Cypress to try out his new boat. It was great for two photographers. Though the sunrise colors were not great and though we were a bit late getting started, it turned out to be a perfect day for lake-scape [...]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10